Saturday, December 29, 2012

#scrappytripalong......and a present

First, the present. I have known my boyfriend since we were in preschool together. We have been in and out of each others lives for around 22 years. You would expect after that amount of time that someone would and/or could know you well. I think he does. Well on Christmas, I found out how wrong I was. He doesn't just know me well, he can possibly (I haven't disproved it yet) read my mind. I was gifted this.


Now, not many 25 year old girls would let out a high pitched squeal when unwrapping a Rowenta box, but I did. And on that same note, not many 24 year old boys would ever expect or think to gift said girl an iron. :heart flutter:

I never in my wildest dreams thought that an iron could be meaningful, but this one was. Because it came from a boy that spent days and days researching irons to find the perfect gift to make his bizarre girlfriend the happiest sewist on Christmas morning.


This Rowenta is legit too. If anyone needs an iron, buy it. The precision tip is no joke. Ironing seams open is as smooth as butter. And it has 300 little steam dispersion holes. This iron really knows whats up.

More about the iron later. #scrappytripalong. If you have instagram, check out this hash tag. Over the last few days, an impromptu quilt along has sprung up via instagram thanks to Megan from Lucy and Norman and is spreading like wildfire. It is incredibly addictive. The blocks are GREAT stash busters.



Here is the tute from Quiltville. Verrrrrry easy to follow and the fastest patchwork piecing I have ever done. Brenda from Pink Castle Fabrics jumped in right after Megan and has also created a flickr group for everyone to share in their Scrappy Trip Along fun. You can also check out the progress of me (citystitches) and others on instagram! Search my user name, the hash tag mentioned above, or just click the instagram button on my social networking tool bar above. There are so many wonderful other people participating over instagram and flickr, I can't possibly name them all here! Come join the fun!!

10 comments:

  1. Lol, I bought myself an iron with my Christmas money from my grandmothers last year - my granny said, a baffled look on her face, 'You did what?' The other gran got it ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's too funny! Sometimes they actually know what you want! That's a comfort. I had to email my husband the fabric I wanted and I got it in the end, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a keeper! I would have squealed too!
    Happy new Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, aaaaah... drool. Yep, that's one sexy iron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Rowenta is to die for! I just got a new iron last Christmas (my #1 gift!) but that's going to be on my wish list for next year!

    I just found your blog--I moved to Charlotte a month ago! It's nice to see another young Carolinian sewing :) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know it is true love when he gets you quilting supplies (for real). Congratulations on the iron, it looks like a nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gotta love a guy who gets his girl! I totally agree on the Rowenta. I've owned that model and loved it. Rowenta's are price, but worth every dime. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i cant wait to get home to my stash to join in!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh and OMG rowenta, I cant wait till I get one, my mom's is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. See, I told you that guy was marriage material. He already knows what gifts to buy.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!