Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Scrap Attack Quilt

Before anyone gets any ideas, I did not complete this in the midst of my packing. Haha. I finished it this past winter (Jan 2012), and thought it would be a great addition to the Scrap Attack that Rachel is hosting on her blog.


The quilt is from the book Material Obsession. It was one of the first quilting books I ever bought, and this pattern just totally struck me.


The blank squares below (oh and by below, I mean above.....it was held upside down) the flowers (or stars) are supposed to get appliqued leaves and embroidered stems after it is quilted, but I like them blank. I don't know why. So I think I will leave them that way :)


I do love it though and can't wait to have it finished so I can snuggle under it!

6 comments:

  1. Megan this is beautiful! I've admired that book for a while now and this may just convince me to buy it and make this pattern! Its so pretty, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous quilt! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOODNESS! The piecing in that is fabulous : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that quilt! I'm going to have to check out that book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I like it just the way it is with the blank spaces. The spaces are a nice design element to me!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!