Tuesday, June 12, 2012

{handstitched week 2} the Decision

After all of the wonderful input from everyone, I finally decided on this


It is a rather saturated version of periwinkle I would say. It looks rather blue, but the purple in it is very strong in person. I know this color as 'blue shock' because that was the name of the paint I picked for my bedroom once....that was this exact color. O youth. Anyway, I really really love this choice and it compliments the will be raspberry elements so well. If you look really closely, you can see where I began the reverse applique stitching in raspberry Perle cotton thread. I am still finishing up the borders, but the final reveal of 'part one' of this quilt will be soon!

Also, did you notice my needlebook? That was the third and final project for this round of projects. It is made of felted wool and is so perfect for fitting everything you need for a nice hand stitching project.


I used a piece from the Flea Market Fancy Legacy line for the inner lining. I love some FMF. Now back to borders so I can be ready to start week 3, the second round of projects!

9 comments:

  1. WTG getting all those projects done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha the color my room was painted in my teens was a similarly shocking shade of purple. oh youth, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, your fabrics are just too delicious! I'm going to start my class now too, still have some stuff that I'll have to buy before I start... liiiittle behind :))) Good job on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly my bedroom was painted pale, pale lavender. Booooooring. Glad you went with bold then and now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to make a 2nd needlebook. I just could NOT get the size right on those circles. The little ones were way too little to see the fabric underneath. I must have mis-measured something. Yours looks just great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! Love the yellow with the blue background :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have a great eye for color. I'm anxious to see the rest of your quilt on the next round. I'm a bit of a slacker in the class, I still need to get started! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Megan! Nice to see you also taking the Handstitched class from Rachel. Maybe one day we can get together and work on one of our class projects...maybe hand-quilting our Modern Medallion quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!