Monday, January 14, 2013

#scrappytripalong Almost pieced!

I finally finished piecing all 30 of my blocks for the #scrappytripalong quilt. I got a little distracted between being in the middle of another 10 day shift and having my boyfriend here to visit for a few days. It was nice to come home (to my hotel room?...thats not home) and unwind with him around.

Since I have so much floor space and the carpet in my room is so lovely (scary?) I decided to play with a couple different layouts. There is the basic traditional,


the zig zag,


and the offset diamond.


After much deliberation and TONS of feedback from my wonderful instagram friends, I ended up deciding on going the traditional route. It is just so pretty. I do, however, plan to do another one in boy colors and use the zig zag pattern.


With that decision made, I rearranged the blocks to try to get the best distribution of lights and darks. Decent right? Ok, now to piece the top. This is the first quilt that I think I might actually start and finish in the same month. Holy moly! #finishit2013

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're doing a ziggy version someday, because I love how that looks. Hadn't seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks! I am working on mine tomorrow ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Megan, you top looks fantastic! I'm curious how are you gonna quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! Thanks for showing all the layouts :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb - you can't beat a bit of tradition!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my
    blog shine. Please let me know where you got your theme.
    Cheers
    Feel free to surf my webpage : the truth teller show

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three layouts are fun. I hadn't seen the zipzag...but I do love the traditional. That's what I used on mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yours looks so pretty. I think you have the balance of colours just right. I like the zig zag layout too.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!