Sunday, February 24, 2013

craving some Sun

I am pretty ready for winter to be over so that I can be outside enjoying the sunshine. Inspired by my want to feel those warm rays, I made this little mini that I am so in love with.


It measures only 16.5 inches square, and the center sun is only 8 inches square. The mini piecing was a fun challenge. I normally work with bigger blocks and patterns. So now to quilt it. I still haven't decided how to go about that. 


I have seen all the pictures of Quilt Con go by, and I am so jealous of those who got to go! I am determined to make it next year....as well as to this year's Sewing Summit. I had a fabulous weekend regardless because my boyfriend was in town. Sadly tomorrow is Monday and it's time to start the work week over again. Can't wait to see all the Monday Quilt Con posts!


4 comments:

  1. I love this mini Megan - its absolutely beautiful. The piecing must have been so fiddly (especially those curves!) but it has come out so neat and perfect - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly amazing! I love how the yellow pops with the blue all around. You did a great job and I can't wait to see how you quilt it. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all that in a weekend! It is so, so beautiful and so you!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!