Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Retro Flowers Quilt Along

I am pleased to announce that the surprise I have been planning is the Retro Flowers Quilt Along! I will be hosting it with Bianca of Sweet Diesel Designs. We will have prizes courtesy of Fat Quarter Shop throughout the process as well as some final product prizes at the end! Everything you need to know can be found here, but I will give a quick overview in this post as well! I hope you all will join us in this fabulous quilt along!

Christina's (The Sometimes Crafter) gorgeous quilt

Pattern: The pattern can be purchased here for only $10. It will show up in your email immediately upon purchase, and you won't have to spend any time waiting for it to arrive! You must buy the pattern to participate in the quilt along. We will not be providing templates or any specific instructions found in the pattern.


Schedule of posts:
4/9: Sewing Curves - Megan
4/23: Piecing Blocks - Bianca
4/30: Piecing the Quilt - Megan
5/7: Quilting By Machine - Bianca
5/14: Quilting By Hand - Megan
5/23: Wrap Up and Linky Party Opens!
6/1: Submission Deadline for Grand Prizes


Prizes: We will be giving out a total of 5 prizes. 2 will be given away on our blogs sometime in April. These will be a jellyroll of your choice from Fat Quarter Shop! To enter to win these, all you have to do is become a follower on our blogs! Thats it! The other 3 grand prizes will be given out at the end of the QAL. One winner will be picked by Christina as the quilt that she feels most embodies the way she envisioned the pattern. The other two winners will be picked by myself, Bianca, Nova of A Cuppa and A Catch Up, and Rachel of Stitched in Color as the quilts with the best and most modern use of color and fabric. All 3 of these winners will get a $75 gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop!


Flickr Support Group: Please also join us on Flickr! Here everyone can upload photos of their progress and discuss relevant topics. It is a great forum to express any problems you run into and receive help from the whole group! It is also so fun to see all of these beautiful quilts come together! Definitely hop over and join us!

The Button: If you are planning to participate or would just like to promote us, grab this button from my sidebar! We would love to see it on your blog!


Many of our blogger friends have agreed to give us a shout out post to kick this quilt along off right! Hop on over to their blogs and check them out. They are all very talented and full of fabulous ideas and creativity!

3/20: Stitched in Color -Rachel
3/21: The Sometimes Crafter - Christina (who will be giving away 5 free patterns on her blog in honor of us using her pattern! Get over there quick!!)
3/22: Made on Main Street  - Jill (who will be giving away 3 sets of acrylic templates on her blog!! Hurry over there too!!)
3/23: A Cuppa and A Catch Up - Nova
3/24: I'm a Ginger Monkey - Katy
3/25: Lucy and Norman - Megan
3/26: Ellison Lane Quilts - Jennifer
3/27: Imagine Gnats - Rachael
3/28: Mama Love Quilts - Nicole
3/30: Knotted-Thread - Jennifer
3/31: Life's Rich Pattern - Annabella
4/1: Pajama Mama - Kristen

Again, if you need any more detail...particularly on the prizes and how to enter...click on the 'Retro Flowers Quilt Along' tab at the top of my page or here

We hope you will join us and can't wait to get started!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Count me in too! Just joined the Flickr group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodie. I started cutting my fabric for a Retro Flowers quilt a couple days ago. A QAL will help keep me on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grabbed the button. I couldn't resist buying the pattern a while ago and I managed to sew two petals by now. I hope the quilt along makes me finish my quilt soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks such fun Megan - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I'm in! Just completed Curves class with Rachel, and will use the QAL to practice my new curve piecing skill. Looking forward to it! And, happy to have discovered a quilter within driving distance from me. I'm in Morrisville :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm super excited for this QAL! I've been planning on making a quilt for my sister-in-law's birthday with this pattern, so this is perfect timing. And welcome to North Carolina! It's a lovely place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I became a follower on through Bloglovin and Google friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am excited to join in. What's great way to kick off Spring

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so in. And I just won one of the patterns from Christina so I don't have any excuses ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just the lucky winner of your pattern on Christina's blog, so I'm in!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, I am in and I grabbed a button, looks like alot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The links to Bianca has a page error. Different language or something. You should check it.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!