Saturday, June 28, 2014

Facing East Quilt Along

I have a new designer obsession. Carolyn Friedlander. She's basically amazing. If you have never seen her stuff, she is the designer behind Architextures and Botanics. I have actually been obsessed with her work since Architextures was released. It is just sooo original! And now, she is releasing an awesome book called Savor Each Stitch!


I got to peak at the book, and this quilt stole my breath. It is called Facing East. I knew right away that I needed to make it and had a couple friends jump on board with me. Then Carolyn decided she was going to quilt along with us, and we decided to make it a little more formal!


This will not be your typical formal quilt along though. A large part of the participation will be on instagram using #facingeastqal. Stephanie and I will do posts about the different techniques used in the quilt, but giveaways and prizes will be chosen from the #facingeastqal hashtag. If you have never used instagram, I promise, it is really easy and fun!


I am using the Botanics Kona Coordinates for my quilt. They are here, but I am still waiting on my copy of Savor Each Stitch. It releases July 2. Hurry hurry hurry book!!!!!!!


And, if you want to go ahead and buy your fabric while you wait on your book, Carolyn so graciously provided us with this materials list.


I can't wait to get started! Hope you join us!

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you - she's one of my fav designers lately too. Her quilt designs are eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning quilt! Would love to join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a hi! from Myrtle Beach. That quilt jumped off the Pinterest feed and has me searching for the iBook edition of the book. I'm relatively new to quilting (just finished my ninth) and totally new to Instagram. Unlikely to QAL, but so pleased to have found your blog. Bit lonely up here for modern quilters. I think. It's even hard to tell, since there's no guild chapter. Will follow your work with interest,

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!